Saturday, May 1, 2010

A wish

As I stare at lines of my hand
Those few lines I try to find
the lines that bridges all the gaps
the lines that bring us together perhaps

I wish for you when I see that shooting star
Although you are near you seem so far
In the darkness I search for a road new
A road that possibly takes me to you

I wished for you on every turkey bone
With a hope to melt your heart of stone
To have a place in yours that you have in mine
To smile with you and always shine

Around you as my thoughts hover
I hold on to this four-leaved clover
If wishes were fishes, I’d cast the net
To make them all true, I would never fret

I wish for you just before I sleep
A thought of you begins to creep
As I say a silent prayer
Just that one wish that I really desire

Although I wish for you all the time
Am being so selfish it feels like a crime
What I want from times old and new

All I truly wish is all your wishes come true

No comments:

Post a Comment