Saturday, May 1, 2010

Prisoner of my thoughts

Watching the horizon as I sit here,
Watch the waves run ashore,
Scared to swim beyond i am so distraught
I am a prisoner of my own thought.

A new world beckons me
And I wish to set free
a new beginning I am too scared to sought
I am after all, a prisoner of my own thought.

A path less trodden lays ahead
But here I am sitting afraid
Thinking of all the battles I fought,
I am after all a prisoner of my own thought.

And then I see a ray of light,
Smiling at me comes an angel so bright,
free yourself, she says
you have to walk on the new ways.

You are stronger than you think you can be
You have to venture out in the sea,
Gain you will nothing sitting here on the shore
Life is beyond this pain, there is much more

Let go of this agony and pain
All your tears will go in vain
Precious little angel that you are my dear,
Hold my hand and you will have no fear

Believe in the strength that lies within
Fear nothing and don't give in,
Learn all the lessons that life has taught
Don't ever be a prisoner of your own thought

As the angel wiped my eyes
And then she changed her disguise
It was me talking to me I saw
The truth then dawned me as I stared in awe

I will leave the past behind on the dingy shelf,
I will overcome, I tell myself
Dream every new dream the waves brought
I will no longer be a prisoner of my own thought

No comments:

Post a Comment