Saturday, May 1, 2010

The two roses on my desk

Another weeks begins at work,
the never-ending to-do lists makes me irk
and as gloomy things seem to be
I see the two roses on my desk smiling at me

pearls of dew drops the petals wear
they smile at me like devil may care
and even though the day seems to doom
beaming at me they seem to bloom

A sweet shade of pink they adorn
The prettiest color a rose has worn
They ask me why do I look sad
What is it that drives you so mad

Arduous day looks ahead I say
Get me through this day dear god I pray
Is that all the roses ask me
We were scared wondering what it could be

Just face whatever you fear
this too shall pass, don’t worry dear
however the day might be in fun or agony
we are here to keep you company

however blue you feel within
face today with the widest grin
valiant again you will then feel
and your smiles can no one steal!

No comments:

Post a Comment