Saturday, May 1, 2010

Sounds of silence

The evening falls and the night queen adorns her grace
I sit here and staring into empty space
Even as the darkness grows intense
I am listening keenly to the sounds of silence

Listen carefully and a story you will hear
Stories of someone far yet near
Of someone who still speaks to heart
Of someone even though you are miles apart

They send me to a land far far away
Where it’s just me and my thoughts to stay
In my mind I keep going to and fro
Whether I should hold on, or I should let go

A familiar thought then crosses my mind
All the old memories I begin to rewind
Some of them old and some of them new
Some of those precious moments so few

I pen down these musings of that serene evening
Some of them which leave me smiling
Of memories that make me quiver
Will I relive them again I wonder

Unclear answers I continue to seek
Of questions that make me feel meek
I seem to find no answers
Back and forth my mind wanders

Just as my eyes skip a tear
The sounds of silence ask me to face my fear
As much as I go round in circles
They tell me to believe in miracles

If the path ahead seems unclear and wry
Intently listen to sounds of silence for they will never lie
Listen to your heart they said to me
And soon you will know to be or not to be

No comments:

Post a Comment